Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Wet flood boards

Old February 22nd, 2018, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet flood boards

I've been having issues with my floorboards being soaked after it rains. I've put duct tape around the sides and bottom of my wind Shield and I've also duct taped the cabin air filter panel (because the plastic bolts are missing) can anyone help please before my floor boards rust out
Old February 22nd, 2018, 6:23 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Is it just one side or both front floorboards?
Old February 22nd, 2018, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Both sides
Old February 22nd, 2018, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

I do not have a sun roof
Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:34 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

What year and model is your vehicle?
Old February 23rd, 2018, 7:22 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Check your firewall for any damaged or missing grommets. A missing screw could also be a problem.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

06 equinox lt
Old February 24th, 2018, 11:38 PM
CF Pro Member

Make sure the cowl drain isn't plugged. Also, what does the filter look like? Has it been replaced recently?

We were having a similar issue with our Equinox and replacing the cabin filter fixed the issue. I can't confirm the exact cause, but my theory is that the cabin filter media was warped in a way that was causing water to accumulate and subsequently leak down into the HVAC module where it would eventually leak out onto the floor. The old cabin filter that gave me that problem was a Fram cabin filter that I had previously installed a few years ago at the time. It had a thicker filter media that was treated with charcoal to filter foul scents.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

I am experiencing the same problem of water on the floor, both sides, on my 2015 Equinox. The water even soaked to the back seat floorboards. I recently replaced the HVAC blower resistor, and noticed the duct where the cooling fins go, was very wet inside that duct. No problem until I went on a 500 mile trip with the A/C on all the way, and floor boards were soaked by the next morning. I am sure the long trip with the A/C on built up the water level. Is there a drain hose or plug for the A/C ductwork that could be clogged or loose, beside a clogged cabin filter?

Can anyone give me more information than was already given in the above posts?

Last edited by GBertolet; August 2nd, 2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 12:24 AM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by GBertolet
I am experiencing the same problem of water on the floor, both sides, on my 2015 Equinox. The water even soaked to the back seat floorboards. I recently replaced the HVAC blower resistor, and noticed the duct where the cooling fins go, was very wet inside that duct. No problem until I went on a 500 mile trip with the A/C on all the way, and floor boards were soaked by the next morning. I am sure the long trip with the A/C on built up the water level. Is there a drain hose or plug for the A/C ductwork that could be clogged or loose, beside a clogged cabin filter?

Can anyone give me more information than was already given in the above posts?
No. If you're getting water around the blower motor, the cowl drain is plugged.

The drain tube appears to be just under where the heater hoses go through the firewall as shown in the picture below. Pull rubber hose off and blow compressed air through it to clean it out. It wouldn't hurt to also shoot some air into the fitting the hose attaches to.

Search this Thread