Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Locate fuse for anti-theft system 2006 Coblat

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2018, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locate fuse for anti-theft system 2006 Coblat

My anti-theft system arms itself so the alarm goes off every time I open a door. The FOB doesn't disarm it and neither does using the key to unlock the door. I understand pulling the fuse will disable the alarm completely. I am willing to do that until I have the funds to have it serviced properly. Can you tell me where I can locate the fuse for the alarm. When I look, the only fuse I see associated with it is the Ignition Switch, PASS-Key. As you probably can tell, I don't know much about cars, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old April 20th, 2018, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

*Cobalt
Old April 20th, 2018, 8:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

there is a fuse for the theft deterrent module but removing it will disable the hvac system as it is also powered by the same fuse. disabling the theft deterrent may cause a start then stall or no crank condition as the bcm/pcm may need a password from the theft module to start.

try to lock the car manually (push the **** on the door not the power lock button; it may not set the alarm. another option is to lock the door with key from the outside of the door.
Old April 24th, 2018, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for getting back to me. I tried all the tricks trying to relearn the system and using the door locks, but that didn't work. It turned out that my problem was caused by a corroded door lock switch.