Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Trouble shooting cruise control

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2018, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble shooting cruise control

Greetings All - The cruise control on my 2005 Tahoe LT (4WD) doesn't work. I've read the forums and checked out all the YouTube fixes which include checking ALL the fuses, making sure all the brake lights work (the 3rd light didn't so I replaced it) and replacing the brake switch. Still no C.C. Baffled as to what I should check next. Any suggestions appreciated: even smart-assed ones!
Old June 17th, 2018, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Catfish2018
Greetings All - The cruise control on my 2005 Tahoe LT (4WD) doesn't work. I've read the forums and checked out all the YouTube fixes which include checking ALL the fuses, making sure all the brake lights work (the 3rd light didn't so I replaced it) and replacing the brake switch. Still no C.C. Baffled as to what I should check next. Any suggestions appreciated: even smart-assed ones!
Adjust your sights if you're having trouble shooting it? (Hey, you welcomed smart assed comments!)

Troubleshooting cruise control can be tricky. Have you tried checking the multi-function switch and making sure it's actually working?
Old June 17th, 2018, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smart Assed comment accepted! I was putting off the multi-function switch for last. Left & Right turn signal works as do all the Wiper settings and Wash. Seems like just the C.C. that is faulting. When I try to engage it I don't get a dashboard light