Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'15 Tahoe Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2018, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '15 Tahoe Won't Start

2015 Chevy Tahoe LT...changed out alternator and new battery at same time, put back together can will not crank. Power comes on and info board says to turn steering wheel (I can't due to it not starting), I dismiss info board and still won't start.
Tested all fuses, relays and voltage to alternator, battery, starter and everything is good. What is going on and how can I get this fixed? I'm parking inside my garage and can't move it.
Old July 21st, 2018, 4:59 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by dmbell
2015 Chevy Tahoe LT...changed out alternator and new battery at same time, put back together can will not crank. Power comes on and info board says to turn steering wheel (I can't due to it not starting), I dismiss info board and still won't start.
Tested all fuses, relays and voltage to alternator, battery, starter and everything is good. What is going on and how can I get this fixed? I'm parking inside my garage and can't move it.
You scan for any OBD II codes yet?
Old July 21st, 2018, 5:58 AM
CF Beginner

Not yet. I had a retired mechanic come over and check it out. He stated the truck needs to be reprogrammed (recoded) as all functions are working but truck isn’t reading -straight from his mouth so I hope you understand mechanic talk as I had to have him teach me.
Old July 21st, 2018, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Codes: P1682 Engine 1 Switch Circuit 2
P0685 Engine Controls Ignition Relay Control Circuit
Old July 21st, 2018, 5:17 PM
CF Monarch

Not yet. I had a retired mechanic come over and check it out. He stated the truck needs to be reprogrammed (recoded) as all functions are working but truck isn’t reading -straight from his mouth so I hope you understand mechanic talk as I had to have him teach me.
You were lucky to have a retired mechanic look over your vehilce. He is saying that the ECM needs reprogramming, assuming it is having issues.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
You scan for any OBD II codes yet?
P1682 and P0685
Also, my truck intermittently can start through remote start which then I have availability to hit the start button on truck but once I turn off I can't turn back on through start button on truck. It also appears that I have to wait out a while before I'm able to start it again through the remote and its a unlock, lock....lock, lock, start sequence on remote to start it through remote -very odd.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 1:15 AM
CF Monarch

P1682 and P0685
Also, my truck intermittently can start through remote start which then I have availability to hit the start button on truck but once I turn off I can't turn back on through start button on truck. It also appears that I have to wait out a while before I'm able to start it again through the remote and its a unlock, lock....lock, lock, start sequence on remote to start it through remote -very odd.
P0685 code: One of the most common reasons is a bad PCM relay. Could be a a blown fuse, a shorted circuit, a faulty connection, battery problems such as a cable defect, or a bad PCM or ECM.

The P1682 code: there is a difference in voltage between the ignition switch circuit 1 and circuit 2. There are a few things that can cause this - including a fault with the ignition switch itself or a fuse or relay in the circuit.

I am not familiar with remote start or key fobs with remote start, but its likely that you have something like a bad PCM/ECM relay or ignition relay. Might be a bad ignition switch, but not likely, IMO..
Old August 4th, 2021, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

I just replaced alternator on my 2016 and having same problems. Can lock and unlock with the fob but no start. What did your problem end up being?
Old August 14th, 2021, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea always nice to wrap up a thread for future issues someone else may have. I too am curious what the fix was.