Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

02 Tahoe fully powered seats in a 2004 Chevy Avalanche, SRS Issues/Questions

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2018, 4:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 02 Tahoe fully powered seats in a 2004 Chevy Avalanche, SRS Issues/Questions

2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71
140k miles, Dark Gray on Gray

Hey all, I am new to the Site/Forums but I have a 2004 Avalanche that was in need of new seats badly. I had the stock half leather half fabric with NO Sire Airbags.

I found some fully loaded 2002 Chevy Tahoe seats ( 8 way powered driver and passenger with 2 way lumbar with side airbags). They bolted right in but the power and wiring plugs for the seats are different. So I had to do some wiring/ cuts for the +/- ( Orange/ Black wire). I left the side airbag yellow clips from the new seats alone and found the yellow srs clips from my truck had the yellow jumper style clips like they left the factory.

04 seats/ vehicle = one big clip with lots of wires

02 seats = one small clip with 4 wires ( 1 thick orange, 1 thinner orange, 1 black, 1 blueish purple)

After all was said and done, the seats perform flawlessly, but I only hooked up the power to them and nothing else as I am loss on what to do wiring wise to get the RED airbag light to turn off and have the driver steering wheel/ passenger dash airbags perform as intended during a crash.

Cliff notes: 02 Tahoe seats in 04 Avalanche Z71 1500, they work great except clips are different and need to figure out how to get Airbag light off in the dash and hook the wiring up correctly.

Thanks !!

Pics coming tomorrow, hopefully I get a good response/reply