Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Both fans replaced but one still not working

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2018, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both fans replaced but one still not working

I replaced my fan assembly on my 06 Equinox and relays pigtail and fuses but one fan is only working its the one for A/C the other fan has not kicked on.
So I am not sure what to look for next. I have to fix this so I can travel safely from Arkansas to Oklahoma once a month to check on my mom who is having health problems.
HELP!!!!!
Old August 19th, 2018, 6:17 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzzanne Wilcox
I replaced my fan assembly on my 06 Equinox and relays pigtail and fuses but one fan is only working its the one for A/C the other fan has not kicked on.
So I am not sure what to look for next. I have to fix this so I can travel safely from Arkansas to Oklahoma once a month to check on my mom who is having health problems.
HELP!!!!!
Hard to say. Might be you purchased a defective fan unit Lots of cheaply manufactured parts these days. That or likely a wiring issue. Perhaps even a bad ground as well.
Old August 19th, 2018, 6:54 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Why did you replace the fan unit to begin with? The fan that you say doesn't work is probably controlled by the temp sensor which might be the problem or the wiring to that sensor.