Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Transmission problems.

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2018, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problems.

I recently had to have the transmission rebuilt in my 2001 Chevy Silverado Z71. I've had many problems with the Rebuilder as things are not right. The gear selector does not show the proper position that the transmission is in as felt by shifting the truck, it will only start in the third gear position. The backup lights are always on. And when it does show that is in Drive properly at 65 miles per hour the truck is turning 2000 RPMs. I do not remember the truck running that many RPMs at 65 miles per hour, I believe it was a lot less. I would like to hear from other people as to what their RPMs are at 65 miles per hour so that I can a further address this issue with the Rebuilder.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 6:50 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Purnell
I recently had to have the transmission rebuilt in my 2001 Chevy Silverado Z71. I've had many problems with the Rebuilder as things are not right. The gear selector does not show the proper position that the transmission is in as felt by shifting the truck, it will only start in the third gear position. The backup lights are always on. And when it does show that is in Drive properly at 65 miles per hour the truck is turning 2000 RPMs. I do not remember the truck running that many RPMs at 65 miles per hour, I believe it was a lot less. I would like to hear from other people as to what their RPMs are at 65 miles per hour so that I can a further address this issue with the Rebuilder.
Depends, your axle ratio is going to make a difference. My -K-1500 its just below 2000 RPM at 65MPH, 5-speeed overdrive. Call it 1950 or so RPM

Last edited by oilcanhenry; September 23rd, 2018 at 6:52 AM.