Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2007 Chevy equinox AWD

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2018, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevy equinox AWD

My Chevy equinox has given me so much trouble over the past year. First the fuel gauge stated acting up. Stability track light goes on and off. Antilock brake system came on and off. Check engine light came on. Said to replace EGR valve and I had that done. Didn’t fix my issue and days later, still saying egr valve needs replacing. Service Stability track notification still pops up. Service air bag system. I haven’t seen the antilock brake system in a while. Months later, the temp gauge started acting up and the engine hot/ AC off light came on and no ac. I then actually started having my engine run hot and the gauges weren’t working. The alternator was so hot that the mechanic said it was melting the gaskets and rubber around it. That was replaced. Still having the gas and temp gauges acting crazy and check engine light on saying egr valve, service stability track and airbag notifications still popping up.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 6:42 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwreddick
My Chevy equinox has given me so much trouble over the past year. First the fuel gauge stated acting up. Stability track light goes on and off. Antilock brake system came on and off. Check engine light came on. Said to replace EGR valve and I had that done. Didn’t fix my issue and days later, still saying egr valve needs replacing. Service Stability track notification still pops up. Service air bag system. I haven’t seen the antilock brake system in a while. Months later, the temp gauge started acting up and the engine hot/ AC off light came on and no ac. I then actually started having my engine run hot and the gauges weren’t working. The alternator was so hot that the mechanic said it was melting the gaskets and rubber around it. That was replaced. Still having the gas and temp gauges acting crazy and check engine light on saying egr valve, service stability track and airbag notifications still popping up.
You may well have a bad ECM, IMO.