Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2018, 2:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

I finally decided to register to this site. I bought my 2015 Chevy Express 2500 Passenger in March or April. It had 69k miles. It was a Ridesharing van so it has 8 captain chairs. I have done a couple of fixes so far.
  • The driver side door lock switch didn't work, so I replaced it. I found out a week ago that there's a recall for that switch.
  • I replace the original shocks. The van drove like if it was a bus it had a lot of bounce. I install KYB gas-a-just all the way around. It drives a lot better. The old shocks could be compress with minimal force, wouldn't decompress half the time.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 2:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If you take care of the van it will take care of you.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 2:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome. Got any plans for it? I knew there was a recall on the window switch, didn't know about the lock switch. Maybe it's either both, or it's all one part. Never had mine apart.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 3:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVan
Welcome. Got any plans for it? I knew there was a recall on the window switch, didn't know about the lock switch. Maybe it's either both, or it's all one part. Never had mine apart.
Sorry I just checked and your correct it is for the window. I just speed read and since I did the door switch earlier I assume it was the same thing.
I only have a couple of things plan for the van in the near future. I want to get a car stereo and hopefully move the camera to display on the head unit and not on the mirror. I also want to get better gas millage. Also fix ambient temperature not coming up on the display.
Old October 24th, 2018, 6:45 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your endeavors with your van
we are here to help when you need that extra little bit of info sometimes
that we all are looking for from time to time.