Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I'm getting a new Suburban!

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2018, 8:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I'm getting a new Suburban!

2 years ago I bought a 2011 Suburban with 135k miles. I loved it, but had all sorts of problems with it.
I had the impression that it was probably not treated very well. (It was a rental for a few years, and then a couple other owners had it.) It now has 152k miles and I need tires & brakes.

Well, because was about to put some more money into it but I loved it so much I decided to try looking for a newer one. With 3 kids we love it for trips, but we've had a problem on a number of our long drives in the past. (Heat stopped working in Buffalo NY at Christmas, battery died a couple times after being tested as good, wheel hub making horrible sounds when driving home from a football game 2 hours away, etc.)

The 0% finance for 72 months, along with my wife's teacher discount made us decide to go with a new 2018 model. We pick it up tonight!!

I can't wait!

No questions, just a general "woo hoo!"
Old November 30th, 2018, 8:43 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Hope you enjoy your new Suburban. Also hope you got a discount for it being a year old.
Old November 30th, 2018, 9:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by 73shark
Hope you enjoy your new Suburban. Also hope you got a discount for it being a year old.
According to KBB I got a good deal. Having a teacher discount helped. And getting 0% for 72 months helped too!
Old November 30th, 2018, 11:51 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats.

We have lots of fond memories of all the road trips we've taken in our Suburbans. My three kids loved all the space. And once they started driving, they loved hauling all their friends in one vehicle.

They're all in college now, but I'll continue to own a Suburban until the day I die.
Old December 14th, 2018, 1:45 AM
CF Beginner

Very nice! I rented my first car about a year ago and appreciated so much that made an order for it. I got it almost rough and flawless, so I can definitely say that that's the best purchase I've ever made. I don't know if they still sell used cars but meybe somebody tried it recently? (https://iversta.com/)
Old December 14th, 2018, 6:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post up some Picts when you get it.
Old December 14th, 2018, 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about 5 years ago I bought a 2011 with 70k on it and have had nothing but problems. My 2000 seemed bullet proof compared to this 2011. I always thought I was a suburban guy but now I am extremely hesitant about getting a new one. Its time but I just cant get myself to do it as their construction has just been horrible and I am afraid it always seems like the newer they are the worse they preform.
Old December 14th, 2018, 6:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went from a 2009 with AFM engine issues to a 2017. Hoping this one is a bit more reliable. If not it may be the last Burban I purchase. I absolutely love the look of the Burb over the Ford, but throwing money away is frustrating enough to get me to switch.
Yes they all have their problems, but
Old December 15th, 2018, 5:57 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Congratulations 😎