Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

07 Chevy Equinox key locked in ACC.can not remove key or start engine/no power/

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2018, 4:35 PM
Til
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Chevy Equinox key locked in ACC.can not remove key or start engine/no power/

2 doors & tailgate lock, no electricity. Transmission will not move out of park. Noise in fuse box.
Old December 10th, 2018, 9:51 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Sounds like a typical Equinox with a dead battery. Get your battery & alternator tested. Make sure you attach the jumper cables at the right location if you must jump start it.

Even the best batteries don't last more than 5 years in these vehicles. Ours is already on it's third battery. The first two were OEM, but the one that's in there now is an Everstart Maxx from Walmart.
Old December 20th, 2018, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would call the dealer, there was a "Service Bulletin" and a possible repair (Factory paid) to replace the ignition cylinder. It sounds like a similar problem I had when I first got my car. I replaced the ignition cylinder with one I got from a local Chevy dealer that I have set to the correct "key code" so my old keys still worked.

Hope this helps