Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

98 Tahoe Died at a light. Started back up knocking.

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2018, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Tahoe Died at a light. Started back up knocking.

Ok so, looking on google for someone who had an identical situation. I was stopped at a red light, felt my truck die, tried to start it about 5 times, wouldnt start. I got out, looked under the hood and under the truck and didnt see or find anything so I hopped back in and tried to start it again. It started but with a God awful paint can in a dryer knocking. Took it home. From what I am gathering It is a rod. But I am not mechanically inclined.

Pre: Bought this truck from a "friend" bs, anyways. He had replaced the engine and transmission from a Denali, 5.7 Vtech. So A month go by and I was havin a little fun on a dirt road and came around the street and stopped looking dead at the curb. I went up the curb and gave a little gas coming off the curb and the rear end locked up. My neighbor said I fried the tranny. So I replaced the rear end, was able to drive again but the transmission was indeed affected but was able to get around for about a week shifting gears before I ground them out and reverse stopped working. Replaced the transmission I thought that would be the end of my problems but, even babying it after the transmission replacement (Being cautious) like i said im not a mechanic, the even happened as stated above. I thought the knocking was my transmission, it was deep and sounded like it was coming from the torque converter so I removed the flywheel/flexplate bolts and started my truck and the deep knock had moved and became higher pitched. I managed to follow it to the passenger side of the engine. -_- Let me know what yall think Rod? im guessing since it killed the engine.