Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2002 s10 engine miss but no code

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2018, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 s10 engine miss but no code

4.3L New fuel pump,filter, plugs and wires, cap and rotor.
my truck has recently started to miss, but not throw a code until I drive it but it only flashes and doesnt store it. It runs like a Ford anyway I checked plugs and wires cap and rotor and did a compression test which all came back fine. Idle is rough as it shudders a little. When I drive it, it runs rough bouncing rpms. I'm running out of ideas since theres no code for me to go off of.
Old December 21st, 2018, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by William Dibler
4.3L New fuel pump,filter, plugs and wires, cap and rotor.
my truck has recently started to miss, but not throw a code until I drive it but it only flashes and doesnt store it. It runs like a Ford anyway I checked plugs and wires cap and rotor and did a compression test which all came back fine. Idle is rough as it shudders a little. When I drive it, it runs rough bouncing rpms. I'm running out of ideas since theres no code for me to go off of.
I would see if you can get your hands on a scanner that will let you view real- time data and see what cylinders or cylinder is misfiring so you can narrow it down! Could also be a timing issue! I did have one that the timing chain tensioner went bad and the timing jumped