Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

ouTuber Lists Pros & Cons of Inheriting Dad’s C1500

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2019, 12:29 AM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ouTuber Lists Pros & Cons of Inheriting Dad’s C1500

Like Derek said, this truck might always be special to this vblogger, because it was his pop's. But that doesn't mean it's perfect. Personally, I think the cassette stereo is pretty rad, but I understand that's not for everyone. What do you think about this dude's take on this truck? On point or off base?

Old January 16th, 2019, 7:49 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do like the paint scheme, even if it isn't an SS.
Old January 17th, 2019, 1:53 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
I do like the paint scheme, even if it isn't an SS.
My late fathers pickup was an 1988 C-2500..I didnt mind the gauges, they always worked. What was bad was the 305 V8. That pickup would never exceed 13 MPG, but it was reliable and didnt use any motor oil, when I sold it after he passed away. Oddly enough it was red in color and the man I sold it too was a fireman who loved the color.

Had I kept this pickup, I would have replaced the 305 with a 350, since it has more power, and wotld likely get it up to 15 MPG, but I wanted a 4X4 so I bought a nice K-1500, which has been very reliable as well.It is 20 years old now, but has been a good vehicle. No powered gadgets like power windows, power locks, has 5 speed stick but I like it that way. Transmission still shifts like silk with original clutch. She will do 16 MPG hwy if I keep my foot off the gas,so its been a great pickup truck.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; January 17th, 2019 at 2:03 AM.