Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Defrost Not Working / Blend door Issue?

Old January 16th, 2019, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Defrost Not Working / Blend door Issue?

I have a 2013 Chevy Malibu LT 2.5L and I have an airflow issue out of my defrost vent. The air is getting cold and hot when I adjust. Every other airflow port is working when selected except the defrost. When I have defrost selected it just blows out the front vents. When I have the defrost & Floor selection then it on blows out the floor. I do not hear any clicking which if it was then I would think it would be my blend door actuator. Could it be a HVAC callibration issue? Any help will greatly be appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Needfer (August 31st, 2022)
Old January 17th, 2019, 3:05 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Drucker
I have a 2013 Chevy Malibu LT 2.5L and I have an airflow issue out of my defrost vent. The air is getting cold and hot when I adjust. Every other airflow port is working when selected except the defrost. When I have defrost selected it just blows out the front vents. When I have the defrost & Floor selection then it on blows out the floor. I do not hear any clicking which if it was then I would think it would be my blend door actuator. Could it be a HVAC callibration issue? Any help will greatly be appreciated.
Yes, likely a bad acutator, even if it doesntmake any noise.HVAC really doesnt need calibration, A new acutator would likely solve this. Only other thing is that your defrost
switch on the dash is not operating as it should.
Old January 17th, 2019, 4:40 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info. I just noticed that it is not shifting to any other vents other than the front. Now I just need to figure out which actuator it is. I have one on the driver side and one by the glovebox.
Old January 17th, 2019, 9:26 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Thanks for the info. I just noticed that it is not shifting to any other vents other than the front. Now I just need to figure out which actuator it is. I have one on the driver side and one by the glovebox.
This might help you:

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...ItNWwtbDQtZ2Fz

Old January 17th, 2019, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

Talking

Thanks!

Search this Thread