Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Rock Auto Parts

Old January 19th, 2019, 1:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Auto Parts

A friend of mine tells me that Rock Auto Parts sells seconds that do not meet manufacturers QC tests. Has anyone heard of this or had issues with parts from Rock Auto? Thanks
Old January 19th, 2019, 2:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

I have used RA for years for my various chevys & Nissan. No complaints. They usually have a range of "economy" to "performance" choices for the same part, as well as several brands.
Old January 19th, 2019, 2:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at some Premium Ceramic Disc pads from Wagner and RA seems to have the best price.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 1:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered Wagner disc brakes from Rock Auto, for my previous ride, my 1995 Plymouth Voyager. My ex -- the former mechanic, who put them on for me -- was really impressed with them, and they were dirt cheap, too. Rock Auto, sources and ships their parts from warehouses all over North America. This is a way for these businesses to gain a wider market for their products, and for consumers to buy parts they can't find anywhere else.

Last edited by Inari; January 23rd, 2019 at 1:28 AM. Reason: grammar correction

Search this Thread