Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

01 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2019, 5:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Silverado

Hello everyone, I have an 01 Silverado with 180k. I’m having an issue with my engine, it runs great till I get to about half throttle, then it Boggs down and has no power, back of the throttle and it’s fine. I have a k and n cold air intake on it. I have just replaced the throttle position sensor but no change. My issue is that my ODB 2 port is not working so I can’t run the engine code, I’m looking for a possible solution or if anyone has had similar problems. I’m not looking forward to just throwing sensors at it till I find the problem. I’m thinking that the Cats are some what clogged up. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old February 21st, 2019, 7:38 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

gotta check the fuel pressure. i know my 01 would do fine cruising but then when you go to pass someone it would sound like its bogging down but the rpms would rise but she just wouldnt go anywhere. it also has a low idle around 400-500 after it warmed up and sometimes would stall when it was a cold start up
Old February 21st, 2019, 7:38 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Did you check your fuses to try and get the ODB port to work? Usually it is the cigarette lighter fuse. Getting it to work would eliminate the guessing.