Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2010 Express 4.3 liter Vortec don't start driving me nuts please help!

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2019, 5:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Express 4.3 liter Vortec don't start driving me nuts please help!

I'm reaching out to anybody who is willing to offer me any advice or opinion. Fuel pump died in my Chevy so I replaced it. Has not started since then. I let it sit for about four months before working on it again. When I try to start it it sounded like no compression. So I did a compression check and in fact had no compression if four of the six cylinders. So I took the heads off and I discovered that two of the intake valves 3 exhaust valves on each cylinder head were stuck open. Combustion Chambers valves spark plugs and piston tops recovered with rust. So I had the heads redone cleaned off the Pistons, new spark plugs, new timing chain, new water pump fresh oil and filter flush fuel injection replace fuel filter and fresh fuel. So I have good fuel pressure 50 lb oh, I have good spark nice blue Snappy Spark can I have good compression but still it will not start. I don't know what else to do I've been told that if you have fuel air and compression the same will start up but it is not doing that and is driving me nuts can anybody help me with some Direction as to where to go from here. Thank you very much. Please forgive any grammar errors as I'm using voice recognition.
Old April 19th, 2019, 8:20 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

is it trying to start at all? you have not verified that your injectors are firing. need to get a noid light tester and make sure. you can have all the pressure you want but if those injectors arnt firing then you wont get fuel
Old April 19th, 2019, 9:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Make sure the timing is correct.
Old April 21st, 2019, 8:20 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will it act like it wants to start if you use a little starting fluid?