Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Should I get it....04 Avalanche 104k miles

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2019, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get it....04 Avalanche 104k miles

Alright so I'm contemplating on getting this

2004 Avalanche Z66

104k miles, one owner

Clean car fax, showed it was well maintained throughout ownership

$10,500 out the door.

The only thing i didn't like so far was the clunking sound when turning. Which seems to be common in this model so I plan on getting them to fix it or lower the price. Dealer is going to let me take it for a couple days to see if i like it.

I want to use this as my daily driver for maybe 2 years at most, until i get a new car and use this strictly for work. My previous car was totaled so I'm using my settlement money for a cash offer. I'm not worried about the gas mileage, I just want something nice thats not going to be in the shop a lot throughout the next year or two.

Price seemed to be fair with kbb. Should i pull the trigger or should I look elsewhere?
Old May 22nd, 2019, 7:05 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

is the clunking inside the cab like from the steering wheel or outside like part of the suspension? if its inside its prob the intermediate shaft. you can spray some graphite on the shaft and it should stop the clunking
Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:42 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Is the clunking only when turning or does it do it any other time? Does it matter which direction you are turning?