Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Gauges

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2019, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges

Hi everyone o need some help with my gauges. My oil pressure gauge and fuel gauge max out and stay there with the truck on or off I can move the gauge back to the low point as soon as I give it power it just Max's out. Are the 2 gauges related like in the same wire? I tried a different cluster from another truck and it owes the same thing? Just trying to figure out if it's not grounding. If the fuel sending unit is bad will that cause it? Thanks
Old May 20th, 2019, 7:37 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

These are 2 different circuits and do not share the same signal wire. How do you move the gauge back to the low point? You probably have 2 bad sending units or bad wiring to the gauge cluster. Unplug the wire to the oil pressure sending unit and see if anything changes.
Old May 20th, 2019, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took the front cover off and moved them by hand. I have 2 different cluster and they both do the same thing. I have unplug oil pressure sensor and the fuel gauge and then still just max out