Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Faulty TPMS?

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2019, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty TPMS?

On April 27, 2019 I had four brand new Cooper Adventurer Tour tires installed on my car by Pep Boys. Since that time, I have had to return once a week due to both passenger side tires being low according to my TPMS light and/or the Chevy app. I was there last night getting the tires checked and they still could not find a problem. Then, this morning, my sensor light came on again just prior to arriving at work.

Is it possible that this is just a problem with the sensor and not a tire problem? When I checked the app this morning after parking it said that one tire was at 25 and the other was at 30, however, they both looked identical to the eye. I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with this since it now appears to be happening more than once a week.

Unfortunately I can't get to my local Chevy dealership to look at it until June 8th (after payday)

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 2:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

You won't see a difference between 25 and 30 with your naked eye.

It's unlikely that two sensors failed at once. You can buy a tire pressure gauge for a couple of bucks, and verify the pressure yourself. Anybody can use one.

It's possible you have a bad valve stem, or the tire isn't seated properly on the rim etc.

By the way, you shouldn't hijack other people's posts (especially 5 yr old ones). You should have started a new one for your question.

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; May 23rd, 2019 at 2:09 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Highjack someone else's post?!?!?!

Excuse me?????

First of all, I didn't even look at the date of the original post. I just saw that it was similar to my problem.

Secondly, I never heard of someone highjacking a post. If they don't want anyone to comment any longer, they should close the post to replies.

But thanks so much for your input.

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
You won't see a difference between 25 and 30 with your naked eye.

It's unlikely that two sensors failed at once. You can buy a tire pressure gauge for a couple of bucks, and verify the pressure yourself. Anybody can use one.

It's possible you have a bad valve stem, or the tire isn't seated properly on the rim etc.

By the way, you shouldn't hijack other people's posts (especially 5 yr old ones). You should have started a new one for your question.
Old May 23rd, 2019, 4:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

No need to get upset. Just a friendly reminder about common forum etiquette.