Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Stabilitrack/ Reduced Engine Power

Search this Thread

Old June 17th, 2019, 1:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stabilitrack/ Reduced Engine Power

I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse it has been an ongoing issue for months and no one has an answer as to what it can be please help. I have had the Stabilitrack/Traction Control light with reduced engine power come on in increasing frequency for months every time I take it to the dealer and they want $80-100 every time. They told me it was the Water pump the first time and well they were wrong and then they said oh we were wrong it’s the ECM which they replaced for free because they messed up I was shocked I didn’t have to pay, I have since replaced the throttle body the fuses for the ignition, and powertrain, the spark plugs, the air filter, the mass air flow sensor, oil change transmission fluid change. The last go around was the throttle body and it is still acting up and now having problems starting and running. Any suggestions?
Old June 17th, 2019, 1:41 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

use the search button. pretty sure theres a common problem that was just talked about
Old June 17th, 2019, 1:56 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you I have done that but no one seems to have replaced as much as I have and still had issues, that’s why I am posting I’ve run out of ideas and the dealership mechanics are fresh out.
Old June 24th, 2019, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only thing i can think is a bad/broken ground somewhere. when this happens does your voltage drop. possibly the main issue is the actual main engine fuse/relay box. inside the box is thin copper wire connecting the circuts and one could be damaged or worse. i tried opening mine up completely on my 2013 traverse and looks like youd need a press to get the bolts out or something.
Old June 24th, 2019, 3:40 AM
CF Beginner

also you have to post the codes you are getting when this happens because unfortunately it happens for more than 1 issue and throws different codes depending whats affected. some times the code isnt the problem but the result of the main problem , like a shorted wire or broke/damaged connection or dirty terminals. the fuse box is easy to check with the right tools and some parts stores even rent tools out for free with a deposit
Old June 24th, 2019, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Currently dealing with the same issue. Only the problem has been identified as the main fuse box going out. GM having a history of having to recall for this issue but nothing done about this yet. The part is on national back order and I've been without a car since the end of May because of it.
Old June 24th, 2019, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

[img]blob:https://chevroletforum.com/f4abdf89-092f-4770-988a-248e8beabe1b[/img]
I apologize I knew I needed the code but the car isn’t reliable enough to drive so I had to order one off Amazon. Here’s the code it populated.

Originally Posted by Emily Bollman
Currently dealing with the same issue. Only the problem has been identified as the main fuse box going out. GM having a history of having to recall for this issue but nothing done about this yet. The part is on national back order and I've been without a car since the end of May because of it.
Old June 24th, 2019, 10:01 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Can you post the code. The image doesn't show anything.
Old June 24th, 2019, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kchevy75
can you post the code. The image doesn't show anything.
p1682
Old June 24th, 2019, 11:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Based on that code, It could be ignition switch but it could also be what edward gutshall said above about the fuse block. The fuse blocks have thin copper wire in them connecting various fuses and relays. Over time, these copper wires develop breaks causing problems like what you are seeing. Getting them opened is not an easy task so most just buy a replacement. There are several videos on youtube, one with this same code, that show various way of fixing them. One person replaced all the wire with new wire. Others just solder the breaks.