Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2019, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone Mount

Anyone using a phone mount in your 2019 Silverado?

Since they don't provide access to the Message app anymore and want everyone to use Android Auto for messaging, I want to mount my phone so I don't have to have a cord stretching across the center all the time (I don't have the center console). I plan to use the USB-C port since I want to keep a flash drive with music plugged into the regular USB Port.

I have a Samsung S9 and can't use one of the magnet mounts because everything I've read says you cannot use the Wireless charging with the magnets, so it has to be some other type of mount.

I didn't really want to use a windshield suction cup if I don't have to, nor did I really want to block a vent. (I know, I'm being picky)

I've read good things about the RAM mounts, but I saw an issue with the flex mounts not sticking to the dash.

Anyone using something that works well and doesn't require drilling holes for mounting??
Old June 19th, 2019, 8:18 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by bdemps77

Since they don't provide access to the Message app anymore and want everyone to use Android Auto for messaging, I want to mount my phone so I don't have to have a cord stretching across the center all the time (I don't have the center console). I plan to use the USB-C port since I want to keep a flash drive with music plugged into the regular USB Port.

I have a Samsung S9 and can't use one of the magnet mounts because everything I've read says you cannot use the Wireless charging with the magnets, so it has to be some other type of mount.

I didn't really want to use a windshield suction cup if I don't have to, nor did I really want to block a vent. (I know, I'm being picky)

I've read good things about the RAM mounts, but I saw an issue with the flex mounts not sticking to the dash.

Anyone using something that works well and doesn't require drilling holes for mounting??

They sell all kinds of 3M brand plastic round mounts to affix to your dashboard, not the window. Check out Amazon or eBay..They have vent mounts but I dont like them, and no way I would use a magnetic mount for a cellular phone.as it would likely interfere with the phones transmission and reception.
Old June 24th, 2019, 6:32 AM
CF Beginner

I’m going with this one https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount model number 835471
They also have right side of console as well as vent mount. Please note this is just the base and you add your phone specific holder. I use the 714013 iPhone holder with integrated charger, the phone just slides in this holder and connects with the lightning cable (not supplied).
This time around I am re-using the phone holder portion and just getting the mount base as I’m changing from Ford to Chevy.
I will supply real pics when I install, just got the truck this Saturday.
Old June 24th, 2019, 10:23 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Surely you aren't handling your phone to read and send messages.

Android has this nifty google assistant that you can have read and send messages by voice if absolutely necessary.
Old August 19th, 2019, 8:55 AM
rlj
CF Beginner

Default Mounting suggestion(s)

Originally Posted by bdemps77

I have the 2019 Z71 new frame, My Silverado has a recess in the window cowl over the radio area. Its flat, and large enough that you can mount
a scrap piece of board there and it will stay down with the weight of the phone and board. I have used it for over six months with no problem.
You can use the standard circular stick-on mount and it will mount fine on flat board. It also has the advantage that when your wife/other
Is looking something up or entering an address, you can just pick the whole thing out of the hole and hand it to her. I like the depth of the reset,
Hope this helps.
Rich