Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2013 Equinox Stabilitrak and Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2019, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Equinox Stabilitrak and Check Engine Light

I have a 2013 Chevy equinox that no one can seem to figure out what the problem is the codes that are fired out don’t actually fix the problem. This issue has been ongoing for several months now the dealer doesn’t have a solution. I will be driving the car and it will kind of jerk and then my RPMs will quit working my check engine light will come on and the stability track light will come on I will have a slight loss of power but the car still runs it seems to be idling very high and roaring kind of but it still runs. Today, I was pulling out onto the highway and the car lost a severe amount of power Both of the lights came on this was the worst amount of loss of power I’ve ever experienced. The codes that are fired off don’t actually resolve the problem the first time it happened it was the fuel pump we replace the fuel pump the second time it was the brake sensor pedal we replace that then there was another sensor we replace that none of these resolve the problem. Has anyone had an issue like this with the check engine light and stability track and loss of power? Is there a solution for this problem?
Old July 17th, 2019, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lynette Weber
I have a 2013 Chevy equinox that no one can seem to figure out what the problem is the codes that are fired out don’t actually fix the problem. This issue has been ongoing for several months now the dealer doesn’t have a solution. I will be driving the car and it will kind of jerk and then my RPMs will quit working my check engine light will come on and the stability track light will come on I will have a slight loss of power but the car still runs it seems to be idling very high and roaring kind of but it still runs. Today, I was pulling out onto the highway and the car lost a severe amount of power Both of the lights came on this was the worst amount of loss of power I’ve ever experienced. The codes that are fired off don’t actually resolve the problem the first time it happened it was the fuel pump we replace the fuel pump the second time it was the brake sensor pedal we replace that then there was another sensor we replace that none of these resolve the problem. Has anyone had an issue like this with the check engine light and stability track and loss of power? Is there a solution for this problem?

So im having the same issue I just found out my check engine light was because of my fuel injector but still don’t understand why my stability track and the power is dying down so much!!! Soooo frustrating