Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

00 Silverado 5.3 - Rough Idle

Old May 28th, 2019, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 00 Silverado 5.3 - Rough Idle

I have a 2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 with the 5.3 and it has developed a rough idle.
I have replaced the Throttle Position Sensor and just finished installing new plugs and coil pack wires. None of which helped much...
It runs fine other than that.

Looking for suggestions of what else I may try..

Other issues that I think are unrelated but mention anyway...Automatic Trans ( 4l60e) does not shift from 1-2 when accelerating, soon as i let off gas it does fine..Ive replaced teh trans, which DID NOT fix the issue, it did for about 2 months but the issue has returned.
Gas Gauge is erratic, was fine before trans replacement but now is wonky.
Old May 28th, 2019, 7:19 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by f4u5t View Post
I have a 2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 with the 5.3 and it has developed a rough idle.
I have replaced the Throttle Position Sensor and just finished installing new plugs and coil pack wires. None of which helped much...
It runs fine other than that.

Looking for suggestions of what else I may try..

Other issues that I think are unrelated but mention anyway...Automatic Trans ( 4l60e) does not shift from 1-2 when accelerating, soon as i let off gas it does fine..Ive replaced teh trans, which DID NOT fix the issue, it did for about 2 months but the issue has returned.
Gas Gauge is erratic, was fine before trans replacement but now is wonky.

Are you showing any OBD II codes at all? Could be a vacuum leak somewhere, like intake, EGR issues perhaps,
Old May 28th, 2019, 7:29 PM
I'm here for the party

could be even something as simple as a grounding issue. start with the basics, if it started after the trans replacement look for any grounding straps that are just hanging or loose wires

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: