Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 silverado crew cab driver door problems

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2012, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 silverado crew cab driver door problems

i have an 03 silverado 1500 hd, the door speakers were blown, i purchased new door speakers, i removed the door panel, and installed the new speaker, i reinstalled the door panel and then noticed nothing in the driver door would work ( power locks, power windows, or power mirrors) i found a schematic and troubleshot the wiring, on the 4 pin connector there is a large orage wire that has 12 volts, the black wire is a good ground, on the 26 pin connector the smaller orange wire has 12 volts and .04 ohms across the connector to the ddm fuse, the brown wire has .04 ohms from the 26 pin connector to the obd2 port on pin number 2, i have also tried disconnecting the battery and hooking positive and negative terminals together to reset everything, i have also removed the speaker thinking something might be going wrong with it, i have heard that these need to go to the dealership to be reprogrammed. i need help is there something i am missing or something else i can try? any help would be greatly appreciated
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

There are wire connectors that need to be disconnected when removing the door panels. These also need to be connected when putting the door panel back on. Make sure you didn't damage the connectors or pull a wire loose. Mine is a 99 and very much alike the 2003. I replaced my speakers on both doors and didn't have to have anything reprogrammed.