Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

05 Silverado rear speaker & pwr lock problem

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2010, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Silverado rear speaker & pwr lock problem

I've got a new to me 05 Silverado 1500 Crew cab. For some reason the rear door speakers aren't working, and the rear power locks will unlock via power, but will only lock manually. Not sure if these two issues are connected in any way.

I pulled the door panels off and looked at the acctuator while locking and unlocking the door with the remote and it seems like it's just not getting any power at all when I try to lock the doors. The speakers seem to be getting zero power as well, no crackling, static or anything.

I've looked for a fuse that might be the problem but didnt see anything that I thought might be the cause. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.
Old August 21st, 2010, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I figured out I had a bad relay that was causing the door lock issue. Now I'm working on the speakers and thinking it's maybe something with the amp, assuming I have an amp. Where would the amp be located at?