Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'05 Silverado Z71/1500 - Spark plugs 4 are tan, and 4 are BLACK carbonized?

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation '05 Silverado Z71/1500 - Spark plugs 4 are BLACK, & the other 4 are TAN ?

Hello, back on March 5, 2011, of this year, I posted this message about my truck here on this site, and a few problems that I was having.

2005 Z71
Silverado Truck
4 Wheel drive

“In the last few days I've noticed an oil leak that seems to be leaking under the intake manifold towards the back top of the engine. Just curious if anyone here has dealt with this before and where the problem could be originating from?”

“Also, are there any FREE online
Chevrolet 1500 trucks "HOW TO" guides as far as tearing this area apart? I think Chilton or other manuals online cost lots of money. I called a local shop and they wanted about $800.00-$1500.00 to fix it, and I can not afford that at this time....or any other time, for that matter. I thought maybe the valve gasket cover has blown.”
__________________________________________________ _

……And yesterday, July 16, 2011

When I pulled the 8 spark plugs out (not to mention the plug wires falling apart, the four plugs on the passengers’ side looked the normal tan color, but the remaining four on the drivers side were all black and really carbonized. What would be the first place to be suspicious of, and what other scenarios would cause these two different engine sides of the spark plugs being black and then normal tan color on the other side?

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->
So, I changed the spark plugs and wires, and the truck runs great, then runs like hell after it warms up, some part must be out,….or worse!

Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by HeavyChevyTom; July 18th, 2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling