Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

06 Silverado 2500 Cruise Control Problems

Old August 26th, 2012, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Silverado 2500 Cruise Control Problems

I recently bought a new truck. 06 Chevy silverado 8.1L. Anyways on the 6 hour drive home from buying it the freeway was going through some construction and was really rough. Not horrible but at 80mph it was rough. Every once in awhile when I would hit a jaring type bump my cruise control would kick off and my ABS light would come on. Idk If they were hand in hand but it seemed like it. One time the cruise control did it without the ABS light popping on. It happened 4 times in a 6 hour drive. Not a ton but annoying.

The abs light hasn't kicked on since I've been home. But I've only drove it 40 miles since I've been back. The Cruise Control still keeps kicking off with small to very light bumps. And alot more now then before.

Any ideas? Maybe it But I'd like to figure it out since i always use my Cruise Control. It does have a trailer brake controller If that matters. Maybe loose wiring? Help is appreciated!
Old August 27th, 2012, 9:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if the abs system is active the cruise control is disabled.

post the code set in chassis for the abs.

fix the abs problem and your cruise control will operate normally.
Old August 30th, 2012, 3:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sssilverado23
I recently bought a new truck. 06 Chevy silverado 8.1L. Anyways on the 6 hour drive home from buying it the freeway was going through some construction and was really rough. Not horrible but at 80mph it was rough. Every once in awhile when I would hit a jaring type bump my cruise control would kick off and my ABS light would come on. Idk If they were hand in hand but it seemed like it. One time the cruise control did it without the ABS light popping on. It happened 4 times in a 6 hour drive. Not a ton but annoying.

The abs light hasn't kicked on since I've been home. But I've only drove it 40 miles since I've been back. The Cruise Control still keeps kicking off with small to very light bumps. And alot more now then before.

Any ideas? Maybe it But I'd like to figure it out since i always use my Cruise Control. It does have a trailer brake controller If that matters. Maybe loose wiring? Help is appreciated!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. Would you please PM me your VIN, so I may look into this further?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service