Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

07 1500 Z71 NBS- Interior OEM Electronic Problems (Speakers, Passenger Door Control)

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2012, 6:05 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 1500 Z71 NBS- Interior OEM Electronic Problems (Speakers, Passenger Door Control)

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 NBS and after buying it began to find out some issues with it... of course that is how it would happen!

Briefly, the front door speakers work intermitently. I have searched the internet and the main consensus seems to be that the doors are prone to moisture and the speakers will have issues in moist conditions. One of the biggest solutions is to replace the speakers altogether, but I find that the OEM speaker setup is not bad and don't mind it at all for the time being. Are there any other solutions to this?

The passenger side lock has issues working and since there is no key slot on that side, it can be a huge inconvenience.

Here are the tests that I ran on the controls

WINDOW
DS Control "Up" - Works Properly
DS Control "Down" - Does NOT Work Properly
DS Control "Up" - Works Properly
DS Control "Down" - Works Properly

LOCK
Intermitently opens with key fob lock/unlock. Really hit or miss.
PS "Lock" does not send any signal
PS "Unlock" makes lock twitch, sometimes opening it

Thank you in advance for any and all help you all can provide! I'm stumped!
Old September 7th, 2012, 8:06 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Good morning lifted_neutrino,
Congratulations on your new Silverado! We're sorry that you've discovered these electrical concerns with it; have you already gone through and checked the fuses for good measure? If you need more information about the fuse blocks, you can find details (including diagrams) in your owner's manual beginning on page 612.

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:57 PM
New User

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Good morning lifted_neutrino,
Congratulations on your new Silverado! We're sorry that you've discovered these electrical concerns with it; have you already gone through and checked the fuses for good measure? If you need more information about the fuse blocks, you can find details (including diagrams) in your owner's manual beginning on page 612.

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Louis)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey Sarah/Louis, I have checked the fuses if I recall correctly but everything was fine. I don't know what to even think it could possibly be since it works from one side, but not the other and because it will roll down but not up.

I have read that the doors are very prone to moisture damage (which is kind of ridiculous since this is a truck we are talking about here) and am thinking that may be the culprit.
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lifted_neutrino
Hey Sarah/Louis, I have checked the fuses if I recall correctly but everything was fine. I don't know what to even think it could possibly be since it works from one side, but not the other and because it will roll down but not up.

I have read that the doors are very prone to moisture damage (which is kind of ridiculous since this is a truck we are talking about here) and am thinking that may be the culprit.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> lifted_neutrino,

I’m sorry you continue to experience this issue with your Silverado vehicle.

These issues may be due to an issue with the IP harness, b-pillar wiring harness or a software anomaly. These are just suggestions, they are not meant as a diagnosis.

I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer additional information, and an official diagnosis, after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 17th, 2012, 7:27 PM
New User

The part that is really getting me as far as the speakers go is that it is an intermittent problem, and nothing specific seems to generate the issue, or at least that I notice. I plan to pull the door panel and check for signal at the speaker to determine whether the wiring or speaker is failing. I would believe it to be the speaker solely because the sound does not come and go as a speaker with a signal wire being moved about would. It could be an issue at the radio, but replacing the cheapest components first is the best method in my books.

I have not had a chance to even look at the window switches. It's inconvenient, but for the time being it's not pressing. If anyone knows where I can get a hold of some wiring schematics, it would be super helpful.