Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   1985 Chevy Pickup (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/1985-chevy-pickup-24317/)

Cautiontape_1985 July 8th, 2009 1:15 PM

1985 Chevy Pickup

I just bought a 1985 Chevy pickup with a 5.0L V8 and it needs an automatic transmission. I don't know much about these things.. What should I be looking for? :confused:

lukemoore646 July 8th, 2009 8:40 PM

well, that depends if its 4x4, or an overdrive, give your VIN number to a chevy parts counter person, if they are nice they will tell you what it left the factory with

SquareBodyOutcast December 4th, 2018 8:23 AM

I have a 1985 Scottsdale, 1/2 ton. I want to axle swap it with 3/4 ton axles, lift it 12 inches and run 40s (maybe bigger but 40s are my main goal right now). I am extremely curious how much work and money on top of that will I need to invest for the drive line work and everything else that comes with making that truck run, sit and look great on that lift?

oldchevy December 4th, 2018 11:10 AM

Check with your local shops and see how much they want to rebuild it.

mikedyer123 December 4th, 2018 11:21 AM

I can rebuild it for about 100 bucks

mikedyer123 December 4th, 2018 1:04 PM

you might want to see if you can just swap it for a v8

chicagobearsjr December 14th, 2018 4:54 PM

Heater Core HELP!

This is my first post. I have a 1985 K10 Silverado with a GM 350 engine. I changed the heater core myself but after putting everything back together, the blower switch is not working. It doesn't work at any speed. Could I have unplugged something under the dash while putting the heater box back? I didn't notice anything unplugged when putting everything back. The core is heating up, no leaks, I just cant turn the blower on to defrost or heat the car. Anything will help! I noticed there are two cables hanging with a connector on the end. The wires are brown and orange. I can't see anywhere this connector would plug in

mikedyer123 December 17th, 2018 7:10 AM

chicagobearsjr
Um take it back apart and rewire it uh thats the only thing i can think to tell you without seeing a pic

chicagobearsjr February 5th, 2019 4:30 PM

GM 350 popping and backfiring

I have a 1985 K10 with a GM 350 and just installed an edelbrock carb. The garage told me the quadrajet was bad so I bought my own Edelbrock and put it on myself. After a few times out, I noticed once I get up to 50mph or so the engine will start popping and won't accelerate. I would let off the gas and coast for a second and it would pick back up, but would do it again at that speed. It seemed to backfire, blowing the muffler, so I drove it back home. Is this a problem with my carb installation? I am sorry I am a beginner and I just cant afford another garage visit.

mikedyer123 February 26th, 2019 10:30 AM

dang bro