Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 7:32 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

1990 Silverado Wiper Problem

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2011, 3:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1990 Silverado Wiper Problem

I have a wiper problem and have narrowed it down to the pulse module. My problem is the pulse module in my truck is an older rectangular model, not the 'C' shaped one that is readily available at stores and on the net.

Does anyone know how to obtain or repair this older model pulse module?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails 1990 Silverado Wiper Problem-pulsemodule2.jpg   1990 Silverado Wiper Problem-pulsemodule3.jpg  

Last edited by Haner; April 1st, 2011 at 3:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Christopher Carlson (January 25th, 2020)
Old April 1st, 2011, 7:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem and got a new one at NAPA
Old April 1st, 2011, 8:33 PM
CF Junior Member

I had a wiper problem recently...but....it sort of fixed it self.

Could you share what your symptoms were? or did they just stop working.
Let the kids drive through big mud puddles in the woods on a weekend getaway, wipers would not turn off. pulled the fuze and re-installed when I had to drive in the rain.....about a week later..the wipers started to work normally.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Hunt,
Do you have a part number?

Rob,
Wipers wouldn't stop, sometimes, when in intermittent mode. It's funny, but when they'd get 'stuck' they would cycle 13 to 14 times and then stop; sometimes in the middle of the windshield. Washer pump wouldn't work either.

I just took the module out and cleaned all the contacts and coated them with dielectric grease. My hope is that better contact will keep things working. So far so good.

I did find a place that will repair it for $40 plus shipping in Rialto California. It's called Nyco. They repair industrial electronics. I have a feeling this Delco module may have been used in nonautomotive applications. That's just speculation, though.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
CF Junior Member

mine wouldn't stop either, even when toggled through all the intermittent cycles...they would stay the same speed or stop an start intermittingly. When I switch to off...they would keep running.

My squirter still worked the whole time though. Thanx for the info , though, something to look out for!
Old April 2nd, 2011, 1:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Here's the link to that repair company I mentioned, just in case anyone is interested.

Industrial Electronics Services - Repair, Engineering, Testing | NyCo-Systems
Old April 3rd, 2011, 8:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Sweet on that link. I have a plasma cutter motherboard I need to get intouch with them about repairing. Miller wants almost as much for the board as what the machine is worth new
Old August 30th, 2011, 9:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Haner
Hunt,
Do you have a part number?
Haner,
Did you ever get a part number? I have a 1990 with the same module and the same problem but can not find the module.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by flh69
Haner,
Did you ever get a part number? I have a 1990 with the same module and the same problem but can not find the module.
Nope. Never got the NAPA part number. I suspect the NAPA module is the same one available as the current and readily available one. But, I have to tell you that coating the contacts on the module with dielectric grease solved my long running problem. The wipers have been working well for four months without a hiccup. I suggest you give this a shot before pulling your hair out trying to find a replacement part.

Get the grease at any auto parts store. Just ask for the grease that is used on electrical contacts. Using this stuff also fixed a problem I was having with my tail lights working intermittently.

If the grease doesn't work, follow the above link to Nyco Systems. They will fix the module for around $100.
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Haner
Nope. Never got the NAPA part number. I suspect the NAPA module is the same one available as the current and readily available one. But, I have to tell you that coating the contacts on the module with dielectric grease solved my long running problem. The wipers have been working well for four months without a hiccup. I suggest you give this a shot before pulling your hair out trying to find a replacement part.

Get the grease at any auto parts store. Just ask for the grease that is used on electrical contacts. Using this stuff also fixed a problem I was having with my tail lights working intermittently.

If the grease doesn't work, follow the above link to Nyco Systems. They will fix the module for around $100.
Yea, the NAPA one is the "c" shaped one that you can buy anywhere. I'll give the dielectric grease a try.
I've looked at the Nyco website and if it comes down to that, I may just replace the motor and module with the available one. It would not be that much more expensive.
I just wonder what motor & module we have. It must be a real "bastard" setup as there are no replacements for it.

Quick Reply: 1990 Silverado Wiper Problem