Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1994 chevy 350 wont start

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2015, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 chevy 350 wont start

Alright I need some help with my truck. I got it about 5 months ago as a project truck. Replaced engine and trans. Engine ran great before being pulled from parts truck. Got it in the other truck now and it wont start. Can spray starting fluid in tb and all it does is pop and backfire through tb. Need some help asap. Thanks in advance.
Old January 19th, 2015, 7:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by chevykid1994
Alright I need some help with my truck. I got it about 5 months ago as a project truck. Replaced engine and trans. Engine ran great before being pulled from parts truck. Got it in the other truck now and it wont start. Can spray starting fluid in tb and all it does is pop and backfire through tb. Need some help asap. Thanks in advance.

Make sure the grounds around the thermostat housing are grounded. Make sure your crank sensor is connected. It sounds like the timing is out, you will have to crank to TDC and check under the distributor cap, make sure the rotor is close to number 1. Does not have to be dead on but close, when you do get it going you will need to do a crank relearn using a scanner.
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by burhead1
Make sure the grounds around the thermostat housing are grounded. Make sure your crank sensor is connected. It sounds like the timing is out, you will have to crank to TDC and check under the distributor cap, make sure the rotor is close to number 1. Does not have to be dead on but close, when you do get it going you will need to do a crank relearn using a scanner.
That was the exact problem. Got it running last night. But what do you mean by having to do a crank relearn?
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by chevykid1994
That was the exact problem. Got it running last night. But what do you mean by having to do a crank relearn?
using a scanner it tells the computer the variation between your crank and cam, if not done can cause engine light to flash on hwy and poor fuel economy. Should be done any time cam, crank sensor, computer or engine is replaced.