Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1994 Silverado loping idle problem

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2013, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problems

I have 94 chevy silverado 350, just had motor changed out, when I got it back could not get it to stay running, changed all the parts you did including new fuel pump. This is what I found when I start truck it will idol for a min then die, burning raw gas. I can unplug fuel relay under good and it will start back up but I have to plug it back in real quick to keep it running. Unplugging the relay cuts fuel off and clears the flooding I guess and when you plug it back in gas is pushed back in but you have to keep it Idoled up to keep it running. Can any one help with this
Old June 6th, 2013, 1:38 AM
CF Beginner

hello scandalist..i'm having exact to the letter problems w/my 1995 Z71 ,, i've read post after post of similar issues w/the older model chevys where people sink hundreds of dollars on sensors, vacuum lines n parts with little or no improvement
I'll keep checking on ur progress in the hope u giter runnin right, and juuust maybe mine will be a similar prob.....peace
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Hey guys, so let me give you the run down on what FINALLY resolved all my issues with my truck. First I replaced all the wire's and spark plugs. Then I had a buddy of mine who is a king with 350 TBI engines adjust all my lifters. Then I disconnected the advanced timing wire under my dash and used a timing light to time the engine to 0 degree's. Reconnected the wire and reset the computer by disconnecting the neg cable. Next we checked all the wiring under the dash and I found a wire on the firewall of the truck that had a inline fuse holder. BUT THERE WAS NO FUSE! So I installed the fuse and the issue's were gone! OH I also removed the intake from the engine and reinstalled it with new gaskets to make sure there were no vacuum leaks. I also used loc tite on the bolts. I also installed a new brake booster and master cylinder because there were sucking brake fluid into my engine. No clue how that happened, guess thats what they do when they go bad. But anyways, my truck cranks every time, never dies at red lights anymore, and has lots of power. And it idle's correctly now right around 700 rpm. no more loping. Its been a long and expensive journey, but she finally runs right. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old July 4th, 2014, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

N/A n/a

Last edited by Boom2182; July 4th, 2014 at 5:11 PM.
Old August 10th, 2014, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

i had the same problems, and it when away by itself , but to improve the idle i would by some new spark plugs NGK IRIDIUM these plugs do great .but before you change the plugs take a can of carb cleaner stray around tbi if it stumbles find the leak check all your tbi wires make sure you did not pinch a wire move the electrical wires around see if anything happens . i found a bad harness that way also check all your sensors and look for corrosion in the plugs
Old September 15th, 2019, 8:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default 1993 K2500 low idle in gear

I have a new engine, all new sensors, another matching computer, and rebuilt the throttle body with new injectors! Fuel pressure is 12 lbs, timing set to0 then 4 to try and pick up the idle in gear on a new distributor and new spark module, new coil. No codes 18in. Vacuum, 800 rpm idle in park. Performs great, runs on the rich side no smoke, and plugs look new. After 1000 miles oil is slightly gas diluted.