Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1995 C1500 Pickup - Wiper Issue

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2015, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 C1500 Pickup - Wiper Issue

I'm sure this is a fairly common problem but I'm sort of stumped with this because I have not been able to find any answers besides to basically change all the assemblies, which is ridiculous in my opinion. The problem is that the driver side wiper transmission arm fell off the wiper motor crank arm shaft. The driver side is the one that goes on the ball on the end of the crank arm shaft. The problem lies in determining what to get to correct the issue. Most common answer I have seen was to replace the motor and/or the transmission arm(s). I'm thinking there must be a more cost effective way to make this repair. The motor works fine and besides just falling off the crank arm, the linkage works fine too. Does Dorman or anyone make a replacement crank arm or maybe just a hardware kit with new fittings for the end of the linkage that attach to the crank arm? I have not been able to find a part number for those parts but I would think they would be available instead of replacing the whole transmission arm or motor.