Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

1995 C2500 Climate Control Issues

Old August 16th, 2012, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 C2500 Climate Control Issues

Hello. I realize most issues are covered elsewhere on these forums and I have found parts to the puzzle, but not the missing piece.

Truck: Stock 1995 C2500 Chyenne, Reg Cab Long bed, 5.0 TBI, 5 spd Manual (NV3500), Cruise Control (not working), AC (not working). NO power windows, mirrors, or seats. Bought truck 5 years ago with 120k mi, has 170k now.

Issue History: 1. Vent selector could be turned, but the air would only re-route after ignition was turned off and back on, except defrost which would only work if the lights were off. Turning on the lights while the defrost was blowing would cause the air to re route to the floor. Turning off lights would return air to dash defrost location (defrost/floor location change wold occur while running). 2. Blower motor selector only opperates on high. If turned to any other selections the blower does not turn on and the ABS and Brake dash lights will turn on and flash in various patterns (not the service engine light). If the seclector has been set to any of the positions other than high, when switched to high the blower will not engage. Selector must then be turned off for a period of time to let the blower "reset". 3. AC does not work.

Repairs: Recently I replaced the climate control module with AC Delco parts. This fixed problem number 1 with the vent selector, but did not address problems 2 or three. I then replaced the blower motor resistor in hopes of fixing the selector issue. That did not work. I am not asking for help with fixing the AC at this time, but would like feedback or someone to point me in the direction of an existing thread which may help me to fix the selector issue. Could it have something to do with the Vehicle Speed Sensor? Thanks for reading my novel.
Old August 17th, 2012, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

1995's has the oddball control panel wiring. Make sure your control panel is for 1995's only. If not you'll need the adapter harness.

They also have a tendacy to sizzle some wiring just under your dash near the blower so if you ever smelled something burning chances are you fried the wiring.

I had the same exact issue with my 1995 Silverado and it was a royal pain.
Old August 18th, 2012, 1:29 AM
CF Beginner

I'm cold blooded and it does blow HOT. Thanks for the tip, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I was replacing the resistor, but I guess I'll trace wires. Anyone else want to offer up a suggestion?
Old August 18th, 2012, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

If you look under the dash near the top of the passenger kick panel there should be 2 wires going into a black connector (red & black or purple & black). Look at the connector really good because it normally gets fried when there's blower resistor issues. Also.....if I remember correctly there's a relay under the hood in the relay box that has something to do with the AC....check that too
Old August 20th, 2019, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Where can I buy this adapter harness, I bought a control module but need the adapter harness,
Thanks
Old October 17th, 2020, 11:55 PM
CF Beginner

Where do I get the wiring adapter for the 95 k1500 ac heater control?
Old July 5th, 2021, 6:46 PM

Default High priced wiring harness adaptor for 1995 Chevy AC contorls

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16453445146...ke%3AChevrolet