Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:26 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

1997 Silverado Brake Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2017, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mont Hill
Hello I am having the exact same problem with my 98, i have not solved it yet have you
Hi Mont,

No, I didn't actually solve it. It solved itself. I think it may have been because the truck was getting so little use at that time, it acted up. Since I have been using it more frequently, the problem hasn't come back. I'm sure it will now that I have said that! Anyway, at that time, I had eliminated all possible causes except the multi-function switch. The people I talked to - including my friends in the Ground Service Equipment department at work - convinced me the culprit was the multi-function switch and that it is pretty common. If it happens to mine again, I'll just buy a new switch and be done with it.

On another note, I just had new keys cut at the dealer by the truck's code and they work great. I was afraid I would need to get the ignition cylinder re-keyed because it wouldn't turn to Accessory anymore and was starting to snag when trying to turn to On/Start. The original keys had worn noticeably shorter than the new ones.

Cheers,
Glenn