Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1999 K2500 front rotor

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2011, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 K2500 front rotor

Thanks everyone in advance....
Had Chevy trucks most of my life...

My 1999 Chevy 2500 4x4 ...more like a older style ..not the newer style with a GVM of 10,000 has the 8 stud hubs...16" wheels

Here's the question....it looks like the rotor just comes off but I read some conflicting stuff about how it is part of the hub and the spindle nut will have to come off along with the bearing sets...that does not sound riight...
I just cannot seem to see where it would separate and I just hate to wail away at it.
just tell they come off and I will stop being a nervous nellie and give them a few wacks...there is a little uniform space around the base of each stud , but I do not seem to see a seam a t the inside of the rotor opening.

Would like to get them turned...not too keen on pulling the entire hub....

Whatch you think....?
Kevin in VA
Old February 20th, 2013, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin has probably solved his problem already. IF the 4 15mm head (14mm 1.5 fine pitch) bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle can be loosened (use penetrant on thread exposures behind the rotor) then you can use the partially extracted bolts to drive the bearing out of the knuckle. (don't forget to first remove the axle nut). Replace the entire unit with AC Delco FW244 or 245 (L vs R), and save yourself the trouble of wrecking the existing bearing, OR take the assembly to a shop that can press it out for you. If you plow with the vehicle, abuse it with heavy loads etc, and the bearings are getting on 3 or more years old, Spend the money on the part (as little as $330) which gets you the new bearing, rotor, studs, hub, speed sensor and cable, cable clips. If you have to demolish those Hub to knuckle bolts, make sure you have replacements (those don't come with the Delco part). This is based on paying to have the rotors changed recently enough and now having to deal with a wobbly bearing. Skip the labor charge and change the whole thing.