Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 or 4 Barrel?

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2007, 9:03 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 or 4 Barrel?

Hey,

I have a 93 Chevy with the 5.7 350 motor in it. How can I tell if it 2 or 4 barrel? Thanks..
Old October 24th, 2007, 9:45 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2 or 4 Barrel?

a 93 should be fuel injected....did someone change the motor.......if it is carbed.....does it have 2 openings on top or 4 .....
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:08 AM
CF Active Member

it is carbed, so i will check
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:14 AM
CF Active Member

im looking at parts stores, and it says that there are no carbs for my truck, because it is fuel injected. but there is a damn carb..lol
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:22 AM
CF Pro Member

someone swapped engines then....so find a 4 barrel carb for a 350...or take your carb off and take it to your parts store, someone can identify it for you....Whats wrong anyhow?

Most likely any holly 6504 barrel carb, weber, something like that will prolly work.....
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:00 AM
CF Active Member

this morning it was a little chiller than normal, not by much though. and the truck would turn over, then putt putt and die....so i dont know if the carb could be clogged or what?
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
CF Pro Member

sounds like a choke problem.....LOL welcome to carbed life. MY YJ is still carbed.......idle problems could be any number if issues with carbs, from vacuum leaks to clogged Venturies,

Start by trying to get it to idle, spray some carb cleaner ALLLLLL around the base ofthe carb and intake, and listen for a difference in idle, It may be minimal but this will tell you of vacuum leak.....AS SMALL AS THESE MAY BE...I cant stress enough the problems it wil cause you......if you cant get it to fire, spray some liquid fire starter donw the carb and turn it over, just watch for carb blow back.....DONT STICK your face over the carb......couldbe choke is not working......Im having some choke issues now, Mine idles like 1500 till it arms up then dies, when the choke backs off.......

CARBS ARE FUN>>>>> []

ALSO carbs are different unliek fuel injection you have to pump them a couple times, not to much as you can FLOOD a carb easily to and then starting will be a nightmare......
Old October 24th, 2007, 1:52 PM
CF Active Member

ok well it started without having to do that, i just tried it a couple more times and kicked the pedal a few times and it finally started up. a buddy of mine looked at it and said it had to be cleaned out a little and it should be fine. whats the best way to clean it?
Old October 24th, 2007, 5:04 PM
CF Pro Member

CARB CLEANER, get it running around 2500-3000 RPMs and spray it down it throat....in bursts, if you sprayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, it will stall.......you can pull the venturies out and clean those to but some good cleaner and run some fuel stalbilizer thru it as well.......

one other thing, it may have water in the tank if its is running bad, just pop the air cleaner off and watch donw the throat of it and throttle it, watch for little water droplets, water wont mix with fuel so it will look like water droplets on the inside of the carb...

one nice thing with carbs is they are easy to work on, but a bitch to get running 'good'
Old October 24th, 2007, 7:52 PM
CF Active Member

alright, sounds like a plan. i have to wait for a good day though. it has literally rained nonstop here for 3 days..

Quick Reply: 2 or 4 Barrel?