Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 28th, 2015, 3:00 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

2001 Chevy Silverado engine idiling rough

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2009, 9:23 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Not sure what you mean by tune, but a newer vehicle will drive/run differently after the battery is disconnected and the ECM is reset, it will take a few drive cycles to relearn certain things.
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my truck professionally tuned by a friend at Carolina Speed Shop; so if the computer completely loses power it reverts back to its original state? If so, would that mean that the things he changed would be lost?
Old June 30th, 2019, 11:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcacka
Thanks for the reply. I will disconnect the battery when I get home and see how that does. It does have a MAS sensor, it is right after the air filter box. I wish I would have found this forum before I tried the other suggestion. I hooked it back up after I sprayed cleaner into the intake.

As far as the spark plugs, I used autolite 5245s which is also a suitible sub for the AC Delco.

I will try the battery and if that doesn't work I will go to the spark plugs and change them out. ingers crossed it will fix the problem.

I forgot in my first post that the engine is 5.3l vortec.
That happens to me twice. I have a 2001 silverado . First time I had dropped one of my plugs and didn't think to check it before I put it in.So when the plug hit the ground it closed the gap and caused a mistake fire when it was running. Took me a week an a half ti figure that one out. And the second time I over tightened one and cracked the porcelain on the plug.hope this helps..