Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/)
-   -   2004 silverado left brake light not working (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/2004-silverado-left-brake-light-not-working-43918/)

laxshot11 July 14th, 2011 6:19 PM

2004 silverado left brake light not working

ive checked the bulbs and changed them, any ideas on which fuses to check or if there are other possible problems the right light still works and all of the left except the brake. HELP

slw210 July 15th, 2011 12:31 PM

So you are saying your left flasher works? Did you use new bulbs? Sounds like a wire or the connector. I am no expert at troubleshooting over network, so I hope I am being helpful. Let me know all you have tried. I would get out the multimeter and start wiggling wires.

GM Fixer July 15th, 2011 2:58 PM

Down under tailgate, there is a MULTI-CONNECTOR remove and inspect terminals and yes make sure you use new blubs and correct part number

skeeter5 July 16th, 2011 8:46 AM

The brake lights are wired through the signal light switch. I don't know up to date details, but this switch could be the problem.

StrictlyChevy July 19th, 2011 1:56 PM

Do you have cruise control? Does it work sometimes and not? If so it could be the brake light switch. The cruise control is tied in with it so it ia one way that could help determine if that is the problem. Even if not it could still be the Switch that needs replacing.

frustratedinKS September 8th, 2011 10:01 PM

I seem to be having the same issue only more severe. It seems that the brake light works intermittently when I turn the turn signal on but I found that the turn signal stays lit on both the front and rear when I step on the brakes. It was only the left side but it seems as though it may be more. I was trying to figure it out and when I had the turn signal on that all the brake lights would flash like the hazards. I have been unable to reproduce that after several more attempts. I have checked all the fuses and the bulbs are good. It looks as though there may be some missing fuse or switch (large plug with no connector) in the fusebox inside the drivers door.

frustratedinKS September 10th, 2011 9:24 AM

I tried replaceing the turn signal switch and the brake switch but still have the same problems.

OLD WRENCH September 10th, 2011 10:15 PM

Do these have the circuit board in the tail light assy that give a lot of trouble?

frustratedinKS September 11th, 2011 9:42 PM

Fixed it. Apparently the hazard relay box was bad. It is located behind the Driver door Fuze box. I took off the panel to get to it. Good luck.

skeeter5 September 12th, 2011 11:30 AM

Glad you were able to take care of it.

Good information.

Thanks for posting this fix.