Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2006 silveardo erratic idle

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2014, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 silveardo erratic idle

Hello everyone, I have been Researching some issues I have been having and it is starting to kinda scare me. I have a 2006 Silverado lt 2wd ext cab 4.8 ltr truck that, for the most part runs well. However here in the last couple months I have been having an issue with the idle. When I am at a stoplight or sign, I get an unusual idle "miss" that can either be just a little or sometimes even very heavy. The biggest issue I have is It is not throwing any codes, and I can't seem to find any vacuum leaks, or other problems. I have replaced the plugs to no avail. Can anyone help me figure this out please. I have had this in multiple shops and none of them can find anything out of whack on the scanners other than a slightly lean reading at -3 on both banks. please help

thanks ahead of time
Old February 19th, 2014, 11:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its possible your throttle body is getting very dirty. You can pull it and clean it up rather than replacing it. I'd run some gas treatment, fuel injector cleaner through a few tanks of gas. Then after that, run some cleaner through a tank every 5 or 6 tanks.

This has helped my truck.

Hope this helps!