Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 1500 A/C has a mind of its own

Old September 24th, 2012, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 1500 A/C has a mind of its own

My A/C has started to switch from blowing out of the front vents to the defrost vents but with cold air all by itself. I've noticed the air switches immediately when the passenger side door is closed shut or when I hit a bump while driving. When the air switches to the defrost vents it takes several attempts of flipping the A/C mode selector back and forth between the defrost & front vents to get the air to switch back. After doing some research it seems like I have a problem with a wiring connection that is causing my door actuator to switch to defrost. If this is the case, how & where should I check for that? Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Bradc80; September 30th, 2012 at 1:26 PM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Thank you for your purchase of the Chevrolet vehicle. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing regarding your A/C. Please PM me with the last 8-digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and I will look into this further, thank you.

I look forward to your reply.