Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 5:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Towing & Hauling Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2007, 9:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

Hey guys! Im new here, and have found out a ton of useful information. Thanks for that. One thing that I have been wondering about is if anyone out there is having problems with the new body style 2007 trucks. I got one about a month ago and have loved it, and have been pretty well problem free. My truck is a Ext cab 4x4, 4.8L with the off road suspention A couple issues I have had,

- The seats seem to collect alot of lint and appear dirty very quickly

- The speakers are not very good quality at all. Actually they are pretty terrible.

- Rattles in the driver side door

- Not the best breaks, maybe I am just not used to them yet.

Any comments on these problems, or any of your own would be appreciated

Thanks
Old August 15th, 2007, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?

I haven't had any problems that you mentioned. I have the crew cab,short box. The sound system is good. Not the Bose, but it cranks. The brakes seem fine. I have the 4 wheel disc brakes. The seats definetly attract lint ,very badly and dirt. That is my only beef. I use a lint brush to keep them clean(black on black). Since i installed some Westin step side bars, i have some noise whenever i hit a bump. But it is not that bad. I think i need to re-torque them. But it is a real good truck and very fast.
Old August 15th, 2007, 1:47 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TONS of problems as do all trucks that win truck of the year....

seriously, of all these the speakers I will give you, but remember you got the 4.8, basic load for a truck so basic stereo, and seats, option up for the captains and boss, with teh 5.3 and you have no complaints..

the breaks as tested think they finished 1st at 187 feet so they are the best out there only gets worse from there, even beat toyota as they brag of bigger and better brakes, well they need them to stop the monster truck...

on a side note, why not the 5.3, this would have gave you the otions you are complaining about, and get better gas milage, seethe 4.8 does not come with DOD the 5.3 does and is rated 2mpg better on the highway and same in town, and you can actually tow with it.
Old August 15th, 2007, 4:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does DOD stand for?
Old August 15th, 2007, 4:55 PM
CF Active Member

Just about 2000 miles on it and so far no problems, except I notice it needs to get pretty dark before the dash lights come on in the LTZ.Very hard to read the instruments unless you turn on thelights.
I had a noise with the Westin Steps when I first got the truck. Found they used a small washer on the rear mount, which has a slot instead of a hole, and the small washer pulled into the slot and loosened up. Put a larger washer on and had no more noise. Brakes are better then the 2003. The Bose System is better the the one in my Corvette. No problem with lint because it has leather seats.
So I guess I like it a lot.
Old August 15th, 2007, 5:13 PM
CF Pro Member

ORIGINAL: matador

What does DOD stand for?
displacement on demand or active fuel management...if it is new style the 5.3 has this...it shuts donw 4 cyl when you dont need the power...ie...cruising on the highway, it gets better fuel milage then the 4.8
Old August 15th, 2007, 6:36 PM
CF Junior Member

I didnt get the 5.3 casue it was a little out of my price range. It was the one I wanted originally. One of my friends got pretty well the same truck a few weeks before, but with the 5.3, and his gas milage has been worse than mine, in town that is. We both drive primarily in the city, so the DOD barely gets used. I am also not planning on towing anyting huge for the next while, so it was my best option. Maybe the options are diffrent up here in Canada, but you have to move up to the LTZ to get the better speakers, no matter what engine you get. I could be wrong, so dont quote me on it. Thanks very much for your imput and advice though, keep it coming.
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:37 AM
CF Pro Member

im in BC so no you dont have to go LTZ for the Boss you can option it on a LT with 5.3, cant on the 4.8

makes sense now why hte 4.8 for you tho,
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:01 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the "Boss"?????

I don't care what the EPA rated the fuel economy at the 4.8L bests the 5.3L in fuel efficiency by 1-2 MPG's in real world usage and saves the buyer $600, at 295 HP it is a great mill for many consumers.
Old August 17th, 2007, 3:43 PM
CF Pro Member

HEHE Bose.....my bad....in town ya the 4.8 does do a bit better, but it dont oi the highway, at least thats the feedback I get from customers....expecially in BC, with all the mountains and hills/Vallies, the 5.3 with 3.73 or 4.10 work best here.

Quick Reply: 2007 Chev Silverado....Any problems?