Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado Cruise Control Issue

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2014, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado Cruise Control Issue

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 (new body style) and am having some issues I THINK might be related to the brake but I need a little help/expertise.

I have a two-way auto start and a couple months ago I noticed that sometimes my truck wouldn't start with the auto start but would start just fine with the key. I didn't think much of it until the cruise control also started not working intermittently. Over the last couple months the only way I can get the cruise to engage is by tapping on the brake a couple times then trying the cruise again. Lately I have to go through this process 10+ times before the cruise engages. Once the cruise it set though it stays set, it doesn't automatically turn off.

The reason I bring up the auto start is because I've tried starting the truck with it while I'm sitting inside and when I hit the button the truck will receive the signal, the lights will come one, and it will act like it is about turn over, but then just shuts off. If I tap on the brake a few times, then the autostart with sometimes turn the engine over. I know there is a safety feature built into the auto start that when the truck is running, if you step on the brake without the key in the ignition it will shut the truck off.

This leads me to believe it something with the brake....? Wondering if someone has a little more knowledge about what might be causing this.

THANKS!
Old February 20th, 2014, 7:55 PM
CF Beginner

Check out this thread in these forums. Go to post #22. https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...g-34418/page3/
Old February 21st, 2014, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

I had the exact same problem with my 07

I would start by replacing the battery in your remote to ensure good power source.

Then try replacing or cleaning the brake switch that is mounted to the brake pedal. I found a acdelco switch on eBay for 12 bucks or a gm switch for 17 bucks. All you need is a 10mm wrench to remove the bolt that holds the switch and a small flat screw driver to remove the clip, the clip is kinda tricky to get off but don't try to pry it off cause then you'll ruin it.

Good luck buddy