Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2010, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank

My husband disconnected the battery because he was trying to fix the radio. Needless to say he hooked the battery back up and the truck won't crank. There is definitely power getting around because the warning lights come on, the radio comes on and the a/c will come on but the truck won't turn over. Last time he did this he called the gm place and they told him something to reset but he doesn't remember what it was. They are closed now and we leave for vacation in the morning. Can anyone please help?
The following users liked this post:
P.meza02 (April 10th, 2020)
Old July 14th, 2010, 9:22 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum,
its a shot in the dark but maybe locking and unlocking the vehicle with the remote? sounds like a possible security feature to protect the vehicle should the battery be disconnected to bypass security features....
Wyatt Sexton (March 29th, 2020)
Old July 14th, 2010, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

thanks for the response but the keyless entry will not work either.
Old July 14th, 2010, 9:29 PM
Administrator

DOH! okay how about a series of key insertions without starting the vehicle?
insert key, turn to crank but don't crank maybe 3 times.... just a thought
Old July 14th, 2010, 9:36 PM
Administrator

it is a remote possibility that maybe a fuse is blown, try checking all fuses....
Old July 14th, 2010, 9:41 PM
CF Beginner

There is suppose to be some sort of reset button he pushed last time. He thought it may have been somewhere on the door but he is not sure.
Old July 14th, 2010, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know the answer to your problem...And I am not familure with a reset button..I don't disconnect the battery except in very rare occasions, like pulling a starter, they are connected to the battery and make a bunch of sparks if shorted. I have been working on things automotive for 52 years and have never had a problem. Sometimes I will pull the fuse on the part I am working on. That way its taken out of the circuit with out disturbing any other components. The restraint system (airbags) is one you should pull the fuse and disconnect the battery.

I know I am telling you to shut the barn door after the horse got out. I am just thinking about the next time.

Oh yeah the only set reset buttons I am aware of is the ones found in the DIC (driver information center), just scroll through and maybe you will get lucky.

Last edited by snakedoctor; July 15th, 2010 at 9:25 AM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 9:54 PM
CF Active Member

I would say check the fues. you could also try to dis-connect the battery again for 10 min. let the system reset and see what happens.
Old July 15th, 2010, 5:17 AM
CF Beginner

Its your alarm system. There should be a button for different features. Not sure the exact pattern of this but I remember you sit in it with the doors unlocked and closed, key inserted in ignition but set on off. Press and hold the button (usually found under the steering wheel) and turn engine on and off a few times. Keep trying this, my uncle always killed switched his car and I remembered something of the sort. lol. Hope this helps.
Old July 15th, 2010, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Someone please help us. My truck is doing the same thing. I did not disconnect the battery, but was listening to the radio for about 15-20 minutes, tried to start it and no crank. ac blower, radio, one speed on wipers, low beam lights, message displays service 4 wheel drive and service airbag when key is on. Door locks, windows, dome lights and door open chime does not work and of course does not crank. Have checked all fuses and relays and all is fine. Mechanic says it is the BCM, but I do not know. Before shelling out the money for one I want to make sure it has failed and why it failed.
P.meza02 (April 10th, 2020)

Quick Reply: 2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank