Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2010, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do know that they have to be programmed. I may see if my BCM can be reprogrammed, but if that does not work that would be another 100.00 down the drain. Mechanic is telling me that only a new one will work (300.00 plus progrmming), but I have seen used ones for sale on the internet just not sure if that would be a good option or not. Guys I really appreciate all the help. If you can, or anyone you may know, can think of anything else it would be greatly appreciated.
Old July 18th, 2010, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Hey Guys!

Well we just got back from vacation but we had to borrow a car to get there! We still haven't found out the problem with the truck and this afternoon a guy is coming over to look at it to see if he can figure it out.
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

Hope you had a good vacation. We are supposed to be leaving Friday, truck is still in the shop, so I do not know. If you get something figured out on your truck keep us posted and I will do the same. I have tried to contact the mechanic all weekend and he will not return my phone calls, so I guess he still does not know how to fix my problem.
Old July 21st, 2010, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

got my truck back today. had to replace the bcm and drivers side window and lock switches. switch shorted out because of dirt in door panel.
Old August 10th, 2010, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Problem Solved

Ok so after a month of having everybody and their mama take a look at the truck my husband finally had it towed to the dealer yesterday and today they called and said it was the bcm. They said apparently he had the key on when he disconnected the battery (I don't think he did but I know it was in the ignition) and it set off the anti-theft system (which is what we thought). All they had to do was reset that. So, if anyone does decide to disconnect the battery for any reason double check and make sure the key is OUT of the truck!!
Old August 10th, 2010, 9:56 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks so much for the follow up BUT how did they reset it?
scan tool?
secret button?
black magic/voodoo?
animal/human sacrifice?

and if I may ask what did it set you back?
Old August 11th, 2010, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default Reply

We do not actually have the truck back yet because when they went to test drive it it kept dying at red lights and stop signs unless he put it in park. Therefore they have to now figure out what is going on with that. I am not sure yet how they reset it but I am going to have my husband ask when we finally get to pick it up. And I hope it does not set us back TOO MUCH!!!!
Old September 17th, 2010, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did it all turn out. Or do they still have the truck (for over a month now)?
Old September 18th, 2010, 3:48 PM
CF Beginner

The problem with the truck dying was that when they had to reset the bcm the idle had to be reset as well. I did not originally post this back because frankly it was not the initial problem therefore I did not think it had anything to do with the truck not cranking...
Old January 8th, 2014, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default was having same issue as previous poster!

I was having the same issues as the previous poster. Thought I would update this post with results I have found. I originally thought I had a bad BCM as well but that wasn't the case.

Mine started after a below zero evening. I tried to remote starter my truck but nothing was working. I thought the battery had died. Problem I had was the door locks were frozen so I couldn't get the hood open to change battery. Finally got some heat to door and opened hood and replaced battery. Same symptoms. My gauges wouldn't work, no door locks, no power windows but I did have power mirrors and I was getting the check 4 wheel drive, traction control and stabilizer was not working. However the radio, lights and ac/heat worked fine. Basically it was like when you turn the truck off and your radio and other things work until your door opens. All those things worked.

Finally after reading this post I got in my truck closed the door and turned my key 3 times on and off and played with the window controls. Tried to start but no luck. I then said screw it I was going to call the tow truck. I got out of the truck and closed the door and my alarm went off. I used my keyless remote and turned alarm off. Got in my truck and started right up. Everything was back to normal. Wish I knew the exact procedure to reset the system but this is what worked on mine. Good luck if you have this issue. Saved me 600-700 bucks from the dealer to get a new BCM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank