Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2014, 10:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ctlawless
My husband disconnected the battery because he was trying to fix the radio. Needless to say he hooked the battery back up and the truck won't crank. There is definitely power getting around because the warning lights come on, the radio comes on and the a/c will come on but the truck won't turn over. Last time he did this he called the gm place and they told him something to reset but he doesn't remember what it was. They are closed now and we leave for vacation in the morning. Can anyone please help?
I have read everyone's post tonight cause I had all these problems after changing my stereo and on star antenna. I also removed my battery with my key on (don't do it lol) so after that I had major issues. Gears wouldn't shift and my dash looked like a Christmas tree and dinging so I turned the key on and off 3 times then removed the battery again (with the key out and doors unlocked) waited 30 minutes then reconnected the battery with the negative side first cause its a pain to get to. Afterwards turned key on and waited 30 seconds before starting and now everything is back to normal. I'm not bragging but I guess I'm a genius. If anyone needs some more help welcome to call. 573*429+0172
Old December 11th, 2014, 1:21 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gibbz91
I have read everyone's post tonight cause I had all these problems after changing my stereo and on star antenna. I also removed my battery with my key on (don't do it lol) so after that I had major issues. Gears wouldn't shift and my dash looked like a Christmas tree and dinging so I turned the key on and off 3 times then removed the battery again (with the key out and doors unlocked) waited 30 minutes then reconnected the battery with the negative side first cause its a pain to get to. Afterwards turned key on and waited 30 seconds before starting and now everything is back to normal. I'm not bragging but I guess I'm a genius. If anyone needs some more help welcome to call. 573*429+0172
I think you're probably above average. A genius would have included the year of the truck. Care to elevate your status?

I ask because I'm having a similar problem with my 2004 4x4 Silverado, along with wonky gages and overhead lights that don't come on when I open the door. It's like half of the interior electrical works and the other half doesn't. A couple of other data points: The transmission was replaced about three weeks ago, and the problems started after I parked it and it sat for a few hours. Didn't disconnect the battery or anything else.
Old March 8th, 2015, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by flog62
Someone please help us. My truck is doing the same thing. I did not disconnect the battery, but was listening to the radio for about 15-20 minutes, tried to start it and no crank. ac blower, radio, one speed on wipers, low beam lights, message displays service 4 wheel drive and service airbag when key is on. Door locks, windows, dome lights and door open chime does not work and of course does not crank. Have checked all fuses and relays and all is fine. Mechanic says it is the BCM, but I do not know. Before shelling out the money for one I want to make sure it has failed and why it failed.
Did you ever find the problem?
Old March 8th, 2015, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

2008 silverado 5.3 not fuel flex just normal gas . I don't know if it's a coincidence but after I wash my truck it randomly turns off and then it won't start it cranks but won't start then after a few minutes it starts then works perfect need help ASAP it has happen more than 4 times need ideas or tips or solutions? ?
Old March 11th, 2015, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy

Originally Posted by dedgar940000
2008 silverado 5.3 not fuel flex just normal gas . I don't know if it's a coincidence but after I wash my truck it randomly turns off and then it won't start it cranks but won't start then after a few minutes it starts then works perfect need help ASAP it has happen more than 4 times need ideas or tips or solutions? ?
dedgar940000 … did you ever get your random stall/start problem solved? A month ago I traded on a low mileage 14 Suburban LT and it has been running well, but after reading through all of these threads about BCMs failing or malfunctioning, I'm more than a little concerned with all the electronics that are on it. Considering 07-14s probably are about the same electronics, I'm wondering if I should have kept my old 2000 Suburban LS. It didn't have as many computers and modules and NEVER EVER gave me any reliability problems.
Old July 21st, 2016, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 chevy suburban won't start

It all started with the service traction control and the service stabilatrac came on the dash and would lose power but would kick in to hear and work again.So I was researching on different sites and YouTube on what to try unhooked the battery pulled the mega fuse and ground wires cleaned them all well went to start it back up to see if anything changed and it did but was worse won't even try to start now it says to service 4x4 and abs traction control and stabitatrac the lights to the ac stay on after the key is out the remote for the door locks won't work the front Windows go up and down but the back ones are stuck down now can anyone help
Old November 12th, 2016, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Dave Josefoski
It all started with the service traction control and the service stabilatrac came on the dash and would lose power but would kick in to hear and work again.So I was researching on different sites and YouTube on what to try unhooked the battery pulled the mega fuse and ground wires cleaned them all well went to start it back up to see if anything changed and it did but was worse won't even try to start now it says to service 4x4 and abs traction control and stabitatrac the lights to the ac stay on after the key is out the remote for the door locks won't work the front Windows go up and down but the back ones are stuck down now can anyone help
Did you figure it out. I replaced my alternator and have the exact same problem.
Old August 14th, 2017, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Tried it

Originally Posted by gibbz91

My husband's mechanic told him to try that out and it didn't work for us. :/ We have to tow it to his shop now so he can see what the problem is.
Old April 15th, 2019, 7:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Silverado classic

Battery died. Replaced battery now starter won’t crank. Just clicking from starter solenoid.
Old April 15th, 2019, 9:37 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

clicking is a sign of a dead battery or poor connection. did it do this before you determined the battery died?

Quick Reply: 2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank