Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Silverado Vortex MAX 6.0 Shift

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2007, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Silverado Vortex MAX 6.0 Shift

I recently purchased the new Silverado LTZwith the 6.0 Liter motor with high performance suspension. I feel the truck shifts poorly and at times bogs down between the 3-2 shift. I am unhappy with the performance at low speeds. I brought this to Chevy's attention and they say it normal - I disagree. I am thinking of installing a superchip to see if that helps.

Is anyone else having this problem and can anyone post reccomendations. I love the body style, interior, and hate the way this thing shifts. Oh ya - the truck is governed at 92 MPH. This is way too slow for this motor.

Also, the back-up sensors won't work if you leave the hitch in the reciever - I think this is a design oversite? Again Chevy claims this is normal - my F-150 did not have this problem. Can this be adjusted?
Old March 20th, 2007, 1:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Silverado Vortex MAX 6.0 Shift

Hey, I also have some questions for any expert out there that knows what they are doing with the superchips... I'd appreciate it if you could e-mail me at Offroadtiger16@aol.com.... just out in the subject line Silverado.... any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance!
Old March 20th, 2007, 6:21 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes a programmer can change shift points. Just be aware if you tranny fails you may void part of your warranty if the programmer is found to be a contributor to the failure.
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

I'm looking at Superchip 2815. I called and looked at the product on the internet. The unit saves factory settings and then reprgrams the truck -this way you can go back to OEM The new part only has preprogramed shift points. They sayit may reprogrammed at a leter date to allow manaul changes to each shift point. You down load the prgram onto your unti so it remains current. Again I haven't tried this. So I am looking for anyone hwho has some experience on this?
Old March 24th, 2007, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Silverado Vortex MAX 6.0 Shift UPDATE

UPDATE: To make a long story short. Chevy said the truck was normal while the local tech at the dealer felt it was a software issue. I am happy to report that Superchip 2815 solved many of the issues I had with shift and performance. I wish OEM worked better, but at least my issues are resolved for now. With my 6.0 motor the programmer made a noticbale difference and I have itset at the lowest performance (87 Octane) because any other option requires 91 octane. Also if you tow and use the programmer, you have to download the tow software into the truck- it comes with the unitthat requires 91 octane. Hopefully Chevy will issue new software in the future, but for now, I will burn some rubber and enjoy the truck. This unit allows you to change the speed limiter stock is 90mph and many othr fetures - its pretty cool. Im sure others do the same.