Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2008 Silverado 2500 Turn Signal Problem

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Silverado 2500 Turn Signal Problem

Hello all. I have an 08 Silverado long bed crew cab with Duramax Diesle that has a turn signal problem. The truck has 86K miles on it and has been running and working just fine. I have been experiencing a problem with the front stereo speakers (don't have the Bose system) working and then not working. After reading thru the forum I decided to replace all four of the speakers in the four doors. I did this and the speakers all work fine.

However, after installing the speakers I find that I no longer have any parking or turn signals on the left side of the truck. The hazard lights on the left side are also inoperative. Also, the lights in the mirror that signal locking or unlocking the doors or a left turn do not work. Head lights and tail lights work but nothing else on the left side works. I have had the left front door panel off to check for pinched wires and similar types of problems but found nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ed
Old June 3rd, 2012, 1:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

When you were under the dash, you probably knocked a connector loose. Get back under the dash, and recheck your plug in connections.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 1:23 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Does the brake light work on that side? You state that just the flasher i.e. turn signal dosen't work. I'd suspect if the flasher unit(s) are either burned out or not making connection. I am not sure where they are located, perhaps in the area you were working in.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Kevin:
I was never under the dash. I only worked on the door panels. The flasher is electronic and located in the control module (under the dash). It is not broken as I can hear it cycling. The falsher is electronic and obviously can not be heard so when it "cycles/falshes" the "sound" is pumped thru the drivers side front door speaker.

The brake lights on the left side do work. The only thing that does not work is anything that goes thru the "flasher". I have to take it into the dealership tomorrow for some drive train (slip yoke) warranty work so I will ask about it when it is in the shop.

Thanks for the input.
Ed
Old June 7th, 2012, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default Turn Signal Issue

I took the truck to the dealer this week for a slip yoke problem as well as a fuel gage that reads incorrectly. While there I told them about the turn signal. The tech did some troubleshooting and found a blown fuse. I had checked the main fuse panel under the dash and found nothing wrong. However, there is another fuse panel in the cab that I did not know was there. The fuse panel is at the end of the dash on the drivers side. Pop the panel off the end of the dash and ther are some additional fuses. Apparently, the blown fuse was under that panel. Replacing the fuse fixed the problem.

Ed
Old August 18th, 2016, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default fuse is popping everytime i use my left blinker then i have no brake light on a 2007

i replaced the fuse with a bigger amp fuse and it still pops everytime i use the left blinker right still works fine i did have the door panel off and i looked for any pinched wires or anything and got nothing anyone have any ideas truck is a ext cab 2500hd 2007 new body style
Old April 27th, 2019, 10:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by edwarda10pilot
I took the truck to the dealer this week for a slip yoke problem as well as a fuel gage that reads incorrectly. While there I told them about the turn signal. The tech did some troubleshooting and found a blown fuse. I had checked the main fuse panel under the dash and found nothing wrong. However, there is another fuse panel in the cab that I did not know was there. The fuse panel is at the end of the dash on the drivers side. Pop the panel off the end of the dash and ther are some additional fuses. Apparently, the blown fuse was under that panel. Replacing the fuse fixed the problem.

Ed
I am having the same problem after installing new speakers. I did find the blown fuse but when I replace it as soon as I turn on my right blinker the fuse blows. Any suggestions?
Old July 28th, 2019, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by edwarda10pilot
Hello all. I have an 08 Silverado long bed crew cab with Duramax Diesle that has a turn signal problem. The truck has 86K miles on it and has been running and working just fine. I have been experiencing a problem with the front stereo speakers (don't have the Bose system) working and then not working. After reading thru the forum I decided to replace all four of the speakers in the four doors. I did this and the speakers all work fine.

However, after installing the speakers I find that I no longer have any parking or turn signals on the left side of the truck. The hazard lights on the left side are also inoperative. Also, the lights in the mirror that signal locking or unlocking the doors or a left turn do not work. Head lights and tail lights work but nothing else on the left side works. I have had the left front door panel off to check for pinched wires and similar types of problems but found nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ed
I've repaired 2 of these new body style Silverado's for blowing left turn signal fuse. Behind left dash fuse panel, the wiring coming off the fuse box will rub thru on the metal dash framework about 3 inches from the fuse box. Creates a dead short. Hope this helps somebody!! If you're blowing fuses right away in this fuse panel, you might want to take a look behind it.

Last edited by mrcar; July 28th, 2019 at 12:22 PM.